My CTMH Creations

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Superman Decoration_Adhesive Springs

I have a new favorite product....ADHESIVE SPRINGS!  So far, I've blown through two packs of these babies.  6 springs for just $2.95...makes them hard to resist!
We are in charge of bringing the snacks to Parker's soccer game today, and since we just celebrated his birthday...I thought the cake pops would be a good idea!  I was pleasantly surprised with how they turned out...pops & decoration.  I am sure that they'll be a couple of kids that will just throw my hard work to the side to get at the cake pops....and I have no doubt that I'll catch a few eye rolls, from the parents, about the "over the top-ness" of it all.  BUT Parker loves them...so that is all that matters, right?




Supplies:

Superhero Paper Packet X7152B
Super Power My Acrylix Stamp C1485
Adhesive Springs Z1725

Notes: The according fold "flower" is a 1 1/2" x 12" strip that I scored at 1/4" intervals.  You can use Liquid Glass to set this, but I used my hot glue gun b/c it takes a lot less time.  I set the "flower" on a 1 1/4" circle, put a good amount of hot glue in the middle of the circle and then only needed to hold down the 'flower' for about 30 seconds. The ribbons on the bottom are Cranberry cardstock cut at 1" x 3"...those are set with glue dots.  I then hot glued one end of the Adhesive Spring to the 'flower' and the other to the back of the super guy.  As far as the super guy's coloring, I shaded him in using Moonstruck, Cranberry, and Sunny Yellow ink & my blending pen.



No comments:

Post a Comment