My CTMH Creations

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Marker Magic!

I've never been a huge fan of the stamps that you have to color/shade in...insert audible gasp, here!  I've just never liked the look of the marker lines, or I'd smudge my colors all over the place with the blending pen.  I know practice makes perfect, but it just got to be a hassle as far as I was concerned.  And then this Copic marker thing blew up a couple of years ago and all I heard was how wonderful they were and that I really had to try them....but I didn't.  By that point, I had ever marker that CTMH had on the market and I wasn't about to spend another couple hundred dollars on an entirely new set.  So, I stayed curmudgeonly and used my markers as I always had...to journal and to ink my stamps, when the ink pad just wouldn't do. 
AND THEN MAGIC HAPPENED....
CTMH launched a line of alcohol-based markers last July...and more importantly, they gave me a set when I attended the annual consultant Convention.  AND we had to use them in a project, at the Convention... you see what they did there?  Gave them to me for 'free' (use that term loosely...I did pay to attend the Convention) and forced me to use them....and I was hooked!  As with almost every other scrapbooker/stamper that I know...you can tell me about something until your blue in the face, but if you show it to me and let me play...it's MINE! 

If you are like me (or the former me) and could care less about markers...ink or alcohol based...it all means the same to you.  I hope that my little admission along with this short video tutorial will help.  These markers will change the way you see/do journaling and shading...and you'll begin to wonder how you ever lived without them.  If you'd like to give them a whirl, you're welcome to borrow a pair of mine...just know what you're getting in to...you'll be purchasing every shade available before you know it!

Watch the video to learn how to magically create smooth, even coverage on your colored images with easy-to-blend alcohol-based markers. Have fun being a kid again!




CTMH's alcohol based markers come in sets of 2 ($5.95)...one is the color, from their color palette, and the other is either a shade lighter or a shade darker.
*Crystal Blue is the color shown, here.


If you have an questions about these CTMH products, feel free to email me at kysprau@hotmail.com
Shop my website 24/7 - www.closetomyheart.com/sherrisprau

No comments:

Post a Comment