My CTMH Creations

Monday, August 5, 2013

My first Artbooking layout...

My initial Artbooking experience wasn't exactly pleasant.  I blame myself, of course...when I want to do something, and it doesn't go my way...I get really impatient and if truth be told, I am somewhat of a hot head!

So, I have this layout, in mind, for the new Laughing Lola paper....one of the rare times when I see a paper packet and know exactly what pictures I am going to use with it.  I sit down w/ my E2, plug in the Artbooking cartridge and attempt to cut the overlay (shown on the right side of my layout) and I can only get the machine to bump up to 10.5", not the 11" that is should be.  I toggle between the dial sizes...nothing doing.  GRRR...

After more playing around...I post my issue on a few different FB groups.  A couple of people respond to say they are having the same issue, a couple of more say that I should call Provocraft and one or two even say that there are some glitches with the cartridges and that Provocraft is working on the fix.  GRRR... GRRR...

Then another gal suggests that I go ahead and update my E2...and all I can think is  DUHHH!  I have had my E2 for over 2 years and have never downloaded an update.  Technology, Sherri...a lot changes in two years.  So, that is what I did...went to http://www.cricut.com/home/support/cricut-sync/ ...it ran for close to 2 hours (I guess 2 was my magic #  for the day)...and low & behold...it now cuts 11" like it should. 

Long story, longer.....after thinking I knew exactly  what I wanted to do on this layout...two days later and here it is.  I am sorry that I was so cross, with you, Artbooking....you are one impressive cartridge!







Supplies used:
Laughing Lola paper packet (x7170B)
Laughing Lola dimensional elements (X7170C)
Mini-Medley Accent Black Collection(Z1862)
Artbooking Cricut Cartridge (Z1906)

No comments:

Post a Comment